Philips Lifeline ReviewMedical alert technology remains a crucial element for those living with disabilities and seniors. Sometimes, everyone needs a little help especially when you reach a certain age. You aren’t as nimble as you were and, depending on your medical history, could be prone to trips or balance troubles. Philips Lifeline is one of the more impressive personal medical alert services. While Philips Lifeline was established over fourteen years ago, the original team was developing technology since the 1970s. It has become one of the biggest companies in the United States and its call center agents are multi-lingual for convenience. Philips Lifeline is an impressive choice.
- Optional Auto Alert Detection Available
- Medication Monitoring
- No Long-Term Contracts
- Monitoring Center Is Not Five Diamond Certified
- No Smoke Detection Available
How Philips Lifeline Works
You wake up one morning and feel unwell. All you have to do is press the emergency button and you’ll be able to speak to someone at Philips Lifeline call center. They’ll ask you a few questions about the situation, such as ‘are you’re injured’ and ‘can you move?’ Depending on the situation, they will request emergency services to respond to your location. It’s as simple as that but it’s impressive.
If you’re unwell or have a fall while away from the home, the on-the-go system has built-in GPS to trace your location. Again, you press the emergency button and Philips Lifeline will try to get help to you.
Back to top ↑
What Products Does Philips Lifeline Offer?
Philips Lifeline medical alert packages include:
- The Standard Home Safe PackageThere are two versions of this package. You can choose the in-home with a landline system or the in-home system with a cellular connection. Both offer the same services and the only exception is the connectivity. The package includes a wearable wristband or pendant and an easy-to-use home base unit. Monthly fees will be lower than the landline version.
- The Home Safe and Auto Alert SystemThis system offers the same as the Standard Home Safe package but comes with fall detection (Auto Alert) features. If the system senses you have a fall, it’ll alert the monitoring center so you can get immediate help. There is a wearable pendant to help detect falls and trips; however, it can work with a landline or cellular connection, depending on what you have at home. It’s a simple system and comes with the same base unit as the standard Home Safe package.
- The GoSafe2 PackageYou get an in-home base unit and an on-the-go device as well. It’s quite useful you get two services built into the same package. And, the on-the-go system comes with fall detection features. There are a GPS locator and two-way voice technology. It’s an impressive package and convenient for those who want an at-home system and an on-the-go device.
- Additional Services by Philips LifelinePhilips Lifeline is quite varied because it offers additional services such as Philips Care and a medication dispensing service. The Philips Care system allows you to create a group of friends or family members on the mobile app. They will receive alerts when you need help. The medication dispensing service offers a reminder service for you to take your medication.
How to Sign Up
Browse Philips Lifeline products and choose the one you want. You’ll have the choice of a wristband wearable or pendant wearable; once you decide which you want, complete the checkout process. The devices will be delivered to you and can be set up in minutes. You can choose self-installation or have a professional install the device for you. Once everything’s up and running, you’re good to go.Back to top ↑
Customer Service & Support
You can get in touch with customer service and support via Live Chat or telephone. While there is a limited choice for how you contact Philips Lifeline, they’re the most popular avenues. And, you should be able to get all your inquiries dealt with fairly quickly.Back to top ↑
Is Philips Lifeline the Right for You?
Philips Lifeline constantly evolves as the latest technology hits the market and it’s very impressive. Of course, higher monthly fees can be somewhat frustrating but the service is well varied and convenient. There are mobile apps available to keep loved ones up to date with your wellbeing too. If you want an established medical alert service, Philips Lifeline is a contender and does offer a quality service.Back to top ↑
Philips Lifeline is simple and that makes it an ideal choice for seniors across the country. And, your closest friends or family members can stay updated with what’s happening. Home systems are varied too so you can get something suitable for your specific requirements. Philips Lifeline is smart because it offers extra services like a medication dispensing system. This is an impressive medical alert company.Back to top ↑